hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy <brahmared...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: How to run multiple data nodes and multiple task trackers on single server.
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:41:09 GMT
HI Xiaobo Gu,

We can run the multiple data nodes in single machine by using the following
configurations

i)In the hadoop/conf/haddop-env.sh

Give the different directories for each cluster to the following property

For Example:
------------

#the directory where pid files are stored, by default /tmp

export HADOOP_PID_DIR=/var/processname

ii)We have to give the listening ports differently

For Example I am using the free ports aviable in the machine in the
following example

<property>
<name>dfs.datanode.address</name>
<value>0.0.0.0:0</value>
<description>
The address where the datanode server listen to
</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>dfs.datanode.http.address</name>
<value>0.0.0.0:0</value>
<description>
The datanode http server address and port</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>dfs.datanode.ipc.address</name>
<value>0.0.0.0:0</value>
<description>
The datanode puc server address and port
</description>
</property>

Similarly we can give different ports for namenode,secondary
namenode,jobtracker and tasktracker

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is