hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Florin P <florinp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Obtain the filename that is procesed by Map class when CombineFileInputFormat is used
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:40:52 GMT
Hello!
 In the Hadoop 0.20, you'll do the following:
In the mapper class
1. create a field "job" of type JobConf
2. in the "configure" method of the mapper class
      initialize the job with the received argument
3. In the map function you'll get the processed file name by using  the property map.input.file
(example job.get("map.input.file"))

I hope that this help.
  Regards,
 Florin

--- On Fri, 7/22/11, Florin P <florinpico@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Florin P <florinpico@yahoo.com>
Subject: Obtain the filename that is procesed by Map class when CombineFileInputFormat is
used
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Friday, July 22, 2011, 8:34 AM

Hello!
  I would like to ask you, how can you obtain the filenames that is processed by Map class
when CombineFileInputFormat is used?
   As far as I know when using  CombineFileInputFormat, multiple files will be processed
by the same mapper. In my case, I would like to know how to obtain these file names.

I look forward for your answers. Thank you.
  Regards,
  Florin