hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <o...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Any other uses of hdfs?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:14:59 GMT
The scientists at CERN use HDFS for storing their large data sets and
don't use MapReduce at all. (I believe most of their applications are
MPI.) At Yahoo, some users run non-MapReduce in the shared MapReduce
cluster.

-- Owen

On Jul 16, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Rita <rmorgan466@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I use hdfs to store very large files and access them thru various client (100 clients)
using FS utils. Are there any other tools or projects that solely use hdfs as its storage
for fast access? I know hbase uses it but requires mapreduce. I want to know only hdfs without
mapreduce.