hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When rmr and rm strike
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:05:17 GMT
files that have been rm'ed but not yet expunged are stored in each
user's .Trash folder within their home directory.   This is the
safeguard against accidentally deleting files; adding a prompt is a
non-starter.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Florin P <florinpico@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok..Thank you...But where the deleted files are stored? From which directory I can recover
them? Is there any property to set up this folder where deleted files are kept? I've read
something on the net, but since cloudera version differs from the hadoop version (in some
parts), all the time I have to be sure that I'm properly doing the right thing.