hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: When rmr and rm strike
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:52:49 GMT
Florin,

In core-site.xml, simply set a value for "fs.trash.interval" as the
number of minutes you want the trash to retain items. A generally good
value is 24 hours, i.e. "1440" minutes.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Florin P <florinpico@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>  Thank you for you response. Regarding the Trash feature, how can we properly configure
this feature (config files etc) in the mentioned hadoop version? The information that I've
taken from the Guide (http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_design.html) is a
little bit vague.

--
Harsh J