hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From pob <peterob...@gmail.com>
Subject TestDFSIO results
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 14:38:38 GMT
Hello,

I run hadoop jar hadoop-0.20.2-test.jar TestDFSIO -write -nrFiles 1000
-fileSize 128, because wanted to know what is the througput of my cluster
(how many data per sec its able to write).

Here are results, that doesnt have any "meaning"  for my point of view.

11/05/03 16:21:46 INFO mapred.FileInputFormat:      Throughput mb/sec:
23.875848571907156
11/05/03 16:21:46 INFO mapred.FileInputFormat: Average IO rate mb/sec:
25.087316513061523

The througput mb/s suppose to be:  total MB written / total time. Apparently
not? Or its for one node or what does it mean?

During the test i was monitoring all nodes disk and there was  stale write
traffic of 120MB/s.

Thanks

Best