hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Unable to start hadoop-0.20.2 but able to start hadoop-0.20.203 cluster
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 15:45:45 GMT
On 05/31/2011 10:06 AM, Xu, Richard wrote:

> 1 namenode, 1 datanode. Dfs.replication=3. We also tried 0, 1, 2, same
> result.

Regards, Xu
When you installed on Solaris:
- Did you syncronize the ntp server on all nodes:
   echo "server youservernetp.com" > /etc/inet/ntp.conf
   svcadm enable svc:/network/ntp:default

- Are you using the same Java version on both systems (Ubuntu and Solaris)?

- Can you test with one NN and two DN?

--
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)