hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Disher <jdis...@parad.net>
Subject Re: more replicas on a single node
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 00:07:57 GMT
In theory you could run multiple copies of the DataNode process, bound to different IPs with
different sets of disks in their config files.  It's exceedingly hackish.

-j

On May 9, 2011, at 4:24 AM, Ferdy Galema wrote:

> Is it possible to enforce a replication of 2 for a single node, so that replicas are
spread out over disks? Currently with more replicas than nodes this results in "under-replicated"
blocks. I understand that normally the best way to replicate is to span multiple machines
for availabilty purposes. However is there a way around this?