hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Shreya Chakravarty <shreya_chakrava...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Merging of files back in hadoop
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:19:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a query regarding how Hadoop merges the data back which has been split into blocks
and stored on different nodes.

*         Where is the data merged as we say that the file can be so huge that it doesn't
fit onto one machine

*         Where is the sequence maintained for merging it back.

Thanks and Regards,
Shreya Chakravarty

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.