hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase and hdfs
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:16:13 GMT
I would like to build a fast dataquery system. Basically I have several
terabytes of time data I would like to analyze and I was wondering if hbase
is the right tool? Currently, I have a hdfs cluster of 100+ nodes and
everything is working fine. We are very happy with it. However, it would be
nice to build something on top of the data. I was thinking of hbase but are
there any other solutions (easier)? Hbase looks complicated to install
because of zookeeper component.