hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: cloudera CDH3 error: namenode running,but:Error: JAVA_HOME is not set and Java could not be found
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:15:30 GMT
On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 23:19 +0800, Alex Luya wrote:
> I download cloudera CDH3 beta:hadoop-0.20.2+228,and modified three
> files:hdfs.xml,core-site.xml and hadoop-env.sh.and I do have set
> JAVA_HOME in file:hadoop-env.sh,and then try to run:start-dfs.sh,got
> this error,but strange thing is that namenode is running.I can't
> understand why.Any help is appreciate.

I think that this questions is for the cdh-users mailing list, but I
will try to help you?

1- Are you sure that you installed the Java Development Kit(JDK 1.6+)?
2- Which is your environment?
   - Operating System
   - Architecture
3- Can you check the Cloudera Documentation about: Installing and
configuring CDH3? http://docs.cloudera.com/

4- If you did a new user account(recommended) called hadoop. Did you
check that on environment of this user, did you set the JAVA_HOME
variable?
If you are using a Linux distribution supported by the Cloudera´s Team,
I recommend you that you should use the official repositories.

http://archives.cloudera.com

You can check the last news on the blog, where they talked about the new
Linux distributions supported by CDH3:
- Debian 5/6
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Red Hat 5.4
- CentOS 5
- SUSE EL 11

The last recommendation is to check the DZone RefCard from Eugene
Ciurana(http://eugeneciurana.eu) and the Cloudera´Team called "Apache
Hadoop Deployment:A Blueprint for Reliable Distributed Computing"

Regards,
--
 Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
 Software Engineer