hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing the block size
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 22:24:13 GMT
Bharath,
So, I have to restart the entire cluster? So, I need to stop the namenode
and then run start-dfs.sh ?

Ayon,
So, what I did was decommission a node, remove all of its data (rm -rf
data.dir) and stopped the hdfs process on it. Then I made the change to
conf/hdfs-site.xml on the data node and then I restarted the datanode. I
then ran a balancer to take effect and I am still getting 64MB files instead
of 128MB. :-/