hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject where are the hadoop logs for this...
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:56:10 GMT
I am seeing this log on the screen when running from my client (hadoop
-copyFromLocal)

11/01/04 06:49:24 INFO hdfs.DFSClient: Exception in
createBlockOutputStream java

.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I can't find where the logs are for this hadoop client process run to
see what machine it is having trouble connecting to so I can run the
standard debugging to see why that port is not available on that
machine, but I don't know which port or which machine it's trying to
reach.  Any idea where those lots are?

Also, if developers could add a try{}catch(ConnectionRefused) rethrow
new ConnectionRefused("Connection to <machine> <port> refused", e), that
would rock so it would have just shown up in my hadoop client's log
file.

Anyways, any ideas,

Thanks,

Dean