hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From sravankumar <sravanku...@huawei.com>
Subject Speeding up Data Deletion From Datanodes
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:32:45 GMT
Hi,

            I have gone through the file deletion flow and came to know that

Replication Monitor is responsible for File Deletions and these
configurations will affect the block deletion

INVALIDATE_WORK_PCT_PER_ITERATION

BLOCK_INVALIDATE_CHUNK

                Can any one suggest how can we tune up these configurations
to speed up block deletion and the significance of

INVALIDATE_WORK_PCT_PER_ITERATION constant which by default is 32.

                And also can we tune the heartbeat interval  based on the
cluster size.

Suppose it is 10 Node Cluster can some one suggest how can we tune up the
configurations. Is there any documentation

for the same regarding tuning up of configurations based on the cluster
usage.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravan kumar.