hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Trying to rollback for downgrade
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:57:04 GMT
Hi all,

Just to follow up, Joseph went on IRC and we managed to get his DFS
back into shape.

It's unclear how it got into this state, but there was a storage
directory with an 0.20 (layout version -18) fsimage and an 0.21 (LV
-24) edits file. The edits file was in fact empty (4 bytes), so I had
him printf a -18 LV header into it, and restore it as namedir/current.
>From there he was able to rollback to 0.20.

We should do some good verification of upgrade/rollback for 0.22
release - it's not clear if it was user error or a bug that got the
cluster into this state.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon