hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject best place for hbase/hdfs config files? (all mount one location or??)
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:24:09 GMT
Right now, for testing, I have all my nodes mounting one drive for the
config files(ie. Change in one place, don't have to propagate to the
rest of the cluster since everyone sees those files).....downside,
single point of failure for now until I get more stable configuration
with more reliable storage device BUT aren't these files only read on
startup so if nodes do have trouble reading the mount, it would only be
on startup(and I have a bigger problem if my whole cluster is down
anyways).

How do people manage the config files today?  Is this mounting them a
bad idea?

Also, I assume the hbase config really only needs to be visible to the
master node and not to the datanodes/tasktracker nodes, correct?

Thanks for any pointers here, I didn't see anything on the FAQ on this
subject L.

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.