hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From wisteria_longyan <wisteria_long...@126.com>
Subject Can we use method CopyToLocalFile() to copy HDFS files to windowsXP?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 00:56:12 GMT

We encountered a trouble these days that we cannot copy HDFS files to windowsXP using method
CopyToLocalFile(). The copying process is interrupted by the exception below:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "chmod": CreateProcess
error=2, ?????????

I’ve no idea why this happened for the copying process using CopyFromLocalFile() which can
successfully put files under some windowsXP folder unto HDFS without any errors.

Both copying are with the help of Eclipse having the Hadoop plug-in installed.

Could it be that the program is trying to find command chmod on windowsXP when using CopyToLocalFile()
from HDFS to windows? If so, I think it would fail in no doubts and can explain why there’s
no erros during CopyFromLocalFile() from windows to HDFS. But, if this is the truth, then
how can I copy HDFS files to windows OS?

Thanks very much in advance.J

Best regards,

Siqin Chen (陈思勤)

One is never too old to learn. ^^