hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Fatemeh Panahi <fate...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Where to find HDFS details such as how many heartbeats per second?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:26:23 GMT
Hello

I am not sure where to find the answers to questions such as below. Any
pointer or answer would be appreciated.

I would like to know some details such as how many heartbeats are sent
per second to the name node in a "typical" configuration (I understand
that these parameters might be configurable)

Also, I would like to know how much overhead in terms of network traffic
do the HDFS protocol messages typically have? (i.e. heartbeat and block

I understand that exact answers might not be possible but I want to get
a feeling about the above. For example, is the protocol overhead a lot
or negligible in contrast with all the data that is moving around.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Fatemah