hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Matthew LeMieux <...@mlogiciels.com>
Subject Re: NameNode crash - cannot start dfs - need help
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:14:21 GMT
No second copy.  There will be from now on, but that doesn't get me out of the current hole.

I'm not too concerned with recent edits.  I'd be much happier losing recent edits if I could
just get the thing to start!

So, the question is, how do I tell the name node to just start up no matter what?

-Matthew

On Oct 5, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Matthew LeMieux wrote:
>
>> The namenode on an otherwise very stable HDFS cluster crashed recently.  The filesystem
filled up on the name node, which I assume is what caused the crash.    The problem has been
fixed, but I cannot get the namenode to restart.  I am using version CDH3b2  (hadoop-0.20.2+320).