hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ayon Sinha <ayonsi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NameNode crash - cannot start dfs - need help
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:19:04 GMT
Have you tried getting rid of the edits.new file completely (by renaming it to
something else)?

From: Matthew LeMieux <mdl@mlogiciels.com>
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, October 5, 2010 10:14:21 AM
Subject: Re: NameNode crash - cannot start dfs - need help

No second copy.  There will be from now on, but that doesn't get me out of the
current hole.

I'm not too concerned with recent edits.  I'd be much happier losing recent
edits if I could just get the thing to start!

So, the question is, how do I tell the name node to just start up no matter

On Oct 5, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Matthew LeMieux wrote:
>> The namenode on an otherwise very stable HDFS cluster crashed recently.  The
>>filesystem filled up on the name node, which I assume is what caused the crash.
>>  The problem has been fixed, but I cannot get the namenode to restart.  I am
>>using version CDH3b2  (hadoop-0.20.2+320).
> No 2nd copy of the edits file/another entry in dfs.name.dir?

View raw message