hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Alex Baranau <alex.barano...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching more HDFS content
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:17:32 GMT
Hello guys,

wiki, web site,
source code, javadoc, jira...

Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the
search with that from search-hadoop.com, set to search only HDFS project by

We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects.

Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box
be modified would be great!

Thank you,
Alex Baranau.

P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90)
will include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in
the process of discussing some details now):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. HDFS's site looks much like
Avro's for which we also created patch recently (

View raw message