hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS: buffer before contacts Namenode?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 02:14:17 GMT
hello folks,

I can see from the design doc of HDFS, says: client will buffer a block size
worth of data before contacting namenode for data node info. This is a
network throughput optimal way.
However, I could not find this buffer processing procedure in source code.

In DFSClient.DataStreamer, it waits for dataqueue to be not empty and starts
to request namenode and build a pipeline. The number of packets in the
dataqueue is always 1 when this happens!
I am confused here. Can anyone address this if I am wrong?