hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arun Ramakrishnan <aramakrish...@languageweaver.com>
Subject RE: decommissioning nodes help
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:56:51 GMT
That's what I thought.

But,this was what I see in -report for the excluded nodes.

**************
ecommission Status : Normal
Configured Capacity: 0 (0 KB)
DFS Used: 0 (0 KB)
Non DFS Used: 0 (0 KB)
DFS Remaining: 0(0 KB)
DFS Used%: 100%
DFS Remaining%: 0%
Last contact: Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 PST 1969

In the UI, the excluded nodes show up in both live and dead nodes. And its been several hours
now. The block counts across the nodes is exactly the same.
The cluster is not accessed by any clients, its not busy at all.

And I have set dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec = 2000000 in hdfs-site.xml

Anyway, I think I am lost here. Am just resorting to killing 2 nodes at a time sorta backwardish
strategy. At least I know it works.

Thanks
Arun