hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Varene Olivier <var...@echo.fr>
Subject Re: decommissioning nodes help
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:32:16 GMT
Are your datanodes double attached to the network ?
If this is the case, you can indeed see your datanodes as double entries.
You should also check the match between your DNS resolution and the
hostname of your datanodes.

To solve your issue, you can switch off one data node at a time (by
killing) the process.
The master should see that and perform action to maintain the
replication level.
Do it slowly :) (or you might loose some data)
You can have an idea if the process is over or not if the io on block
writing is over

Cheers

Arun Ramakrishnan a écrit :
> That's what I thought.
>
> But,this was what I see in -report for the excluded nodes.
>
> **************
> ecommission Status : Normal
> Configured Capacity: 0 (0 KB)
> DFS Used: 0 (0 KB)
> Non DFS Used: 0 (0 KB)
> DFS Remaining: 0(0 KB)
> DFS Used%: 100%
> DFS Remaining%: 0%
> Last contact: Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 PST 1969
>
> In the UI, the excluded nodes show up in both live and dead nodes. And its been several
hours now. The block counts across the nodes is exactly the same.
> The cluster is not accessed by any clients, its not busy at all.
>
> And I have set dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec = 2000000 in hdfs-site.xml
>
> Anyway, I think I am lost here. Am just resorting to killing 2 nodes at a time sorta
backwardish strategy. At least I know it works.