hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DFSClient swallows InterruptedException
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:38:55 GMT

On Jun 15, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> I think we should open a JIRA and fix it. Code than runs as part of
> an application should not swallow interrrupted exception.

I'm a big fan of removing the swallowing of interrupted exceptions.
One word of caution however, the catches buried down in RPC are hard
to remove with out breaking things. (In particular, the rpc protocols
don't declare interrupted exception, so if you throw it through one of
the proxy object methods, you'll get bad results.)

-- Owen