hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Gokulakannan M <gok...@huawei.com>
Subject logging difficulties in hadoop
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:32:34 GMT
 Hi,

            I wonder why the log level setting is not working when I set the
hadoop.root.logger to ERROR or WARN in hadoop/conf/log4j.properties file.
(probably it is set in  hadoop/bin/hadoop and hadoop-daemon.sh files)

            But if I export the HADOOP_ROOT_LOGGER property in
hadoop-env.sh, the change is seen in the logs. However a log*.out[num] file
is created each time I restart the cluster. I exported with ERROR and DRFA.

            Any idea why the settings in log4j.properties is of no use
currently, inspite of the fact that it is mentioned everywhere in web for
hadoop logging????

            PS: setting hadoop.root.logger in /log4j.properties is working
fine if I take out the HADOOP_ROOT_LOGGER entries in hadoop/bin/hadoop and
hadoop-daemon.sh files

 Thanks,

  Gokul