hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jitendra Nath Pandey <jiten...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: where can I find the protocol between the nodes?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:11:33 GMT
Checkout the interfaces that different services implement.
 For example Namenode implements ClientProtocol, DatanodeProtocol and a few
more.
All these protocols should have javadoc telling about their purpose.

Data transfer between client and datanode is not over RPC protocol, rather
client sets up a socket connection and streams the data.