hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Scott <skes...@weather.com>
Subject Cant get HDFS to load more than 1Gig total data
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:34:19 GMT
Hi, new to hadoop/HDFS.  We have a 4 node test cluster, and I can't
write more than approximately 1 Gig of total data.  Any additional file
puts error out with the following:

 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/user/hadoop/ads3x11-1256301562.log.lzo could only be replicated to 0
nodes, instead of 1

I have checked quotas and found none.  I have also tried other users,
including the hadoop user, and get the same result.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott