hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Gokulakannan M <gok...@huawei.com>
Subject Reg HDFS 278 , HADOOP 6099 , HDFS 200
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:36:04 GMT
Hi,

            I'm able to write logs into HDFS (hadoop 0.20.1 release) using
Scribe2.1

            In many sites(particularly in dhurba's post) I've noticed that,
for Scribe-HDFS integration, these patches

            <HDFS 278 , HADOOP 6099 , HDFS 200> must be applied.

            But I didn't apply any of them. It is still working fine(I
didn't notice any bugs yet!!).

            My question is that "What will be the side effects if I don't
apply those patches? Will there be any problem in real time?"

 Thanks,

  Gokul