hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject I just got "Cannot complete block: block has not been COMMITTED by the client"
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:40:51 GMT
Any recommendations for what I should do to cope when I get such a beastie?
(It happened in our WAL so server kills itself).
Thanks,
St.Ack

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Cannot complete block: block has
not been COMMITTED by the client
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.BlockInfoUnderConstruction.convertToCompleteBlock(BlockInfoUnderConstruction.java:158)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.BlockManager.completeBlock(BlockManager.java:288)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.finalizeINodeFileUnderConstruction(FSNamesystem.java:1846)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFileInternal(FSNamesystem.java:1367)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFile(FSNamesystem.java:1329)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.complete(NameNode.java:660)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:964)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:960)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:958)

Method)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.decodeRemoteException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:94)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.checkThrowable(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:48)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.checkIOException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:66)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LogRoller.run(LogRoller.java:98)