hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop name origin?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:48:22 GMT
I genuinely find it funny that this is the kind of question my bank
asks of the HDFS list.

I don't know the answer, but would think a mail to cutting [at) apache
dott org will be the best place to find out.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM,  <yiqi.tang@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Right, I got that. The question is that is this just a random name the
> son happened to have given the toy, or like Dumbo, which is an elephant
> character from a well known kids' story.
>

> Regards,
> Clayton
> --
> Clayton (Yiqi) Tang, Equity RTB, Global Head of App Mgmt Engineering,
> Barclays Capital
> 212-526-7493; yiqi.tang@barcap.com; 1301-6th Ave, New York, NY 10019

to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.