hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From David Greer <da...@davidgreer.ca>
Subject Re: Security error running hadoop with MaxTemperature example
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:40:40 GMT
Following the suggestion:

[david@tweety java]$ hadoop fs -ls /tmp
Found 1 items
drwxr-xr-x   - root supergroup          0 2009-10-06 15:15 /tmp/hadoop-root
[david@tweety java]$ hadoop fs -touchz /tmp/foobar.txt
touchz: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission
denied: user=david, access=WRITE, inode="tmp":root:supergroup:rwxr-xr-x

We seem to be on the right track. Before I change permissions on
/tmp/hadoop-root any idea why it didn't get built with the right permissions
in the first place? I've let hadoop build all of its directories for HDFS. I
assume that adding write access for groups should solve the problem.

Thanks,

David