hadoop-hdfs-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Benoy Antony (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HDFS-10477) Stop decommission a rack of DataNodes caused NameNode fail over to standby
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 23:21:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-10477?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15313282#comment-15313282
] 

Benoy Antony commented on HDFS-10477:
-------------------------------------

If its possible to release lock per storage, then that's better. 
If not , I prefer the first version which does releases the lock per each datanode without
the additional processing. 
The logs show that  the each node is processed in around 10 seconds. 

> Stop decommission a rack of DataNodes caused NameNode fail over to standby
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HDFS-10477
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-10477
>             Project: Hadoop HDFS
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: namenode
>    Affects Versions: 2.7.2
>            Reporter: yunjiong zhao
>            Assignee: yunjiong zhao
>         Attachments: HDFS-10477.002.patch, HDFS-10477.patch
>
>
> In our cluster, when we stop decommissioning a rack which have 46 DataNodes, it locked
Namesystem for about 7 minutes as below log shows:
> {code}
> 2016-05-26 20:11:41,697 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.27:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:11:51,171 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 285258 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.27:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:11:51,171 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.118:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:11:59,972 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 279923 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.118:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:11:59,972 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.113:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:09,007 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 294307 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.113:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:09,008 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.117:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:18,055 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 314381 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.117:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:18,056 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.130:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:25,938 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 272779 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.130:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:25,939 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.121:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:34,134 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 287248 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.121:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:34,134 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.33:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:43,020 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 299868 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.33:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:43,020 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.137:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:12:52,220 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 303914 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.137:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:12:52,220 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.51:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:00,362 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 281175 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.51:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:00,362 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.12:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:08,756 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 274880 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.12:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:08,757 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.15:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:17,185 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 286334 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.15:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:17,185 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.14:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:25,369 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 280219 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.14:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:25,370 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.28:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:33,768 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 280623 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.28:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:33,769 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.119:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:42,816 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 294675 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.119:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:42,816 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.110:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:13:52,458 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 304269 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.110:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:13:52,458 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.123:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:01,096 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 289332 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.123:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:01,096 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.111:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:09,383 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 276981 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.111:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:09,383 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.116:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:18,368 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 301089 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.116:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:18,369 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.144:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:26,664 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 282171 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.144:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:26,664 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.120:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:35,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 295046 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.120:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:35,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.16:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:41,319 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 197929 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.16:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:41,319 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.11:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:51,145 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 308037 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.11:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:51,145 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.129:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:14:59,574 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 281704 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.129:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:14:59,574 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.146:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:09,600 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 324806 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.146:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:09,600 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.128:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:18,428 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 286412 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.128:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:18,428 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.38:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:26,750 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 275447 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.38:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:26,751 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.135:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:35,807 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 300286 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.135:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:35,807 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.109:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:44,768 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 288725 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.109:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:44,768 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.54:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:15:52,674 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 254111 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.54:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:15:52,674 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.40:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:01,130 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 282691 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.40:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:01,130 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.13:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:11,217 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 316102 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.13:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:11,217 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.34:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:20,910 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 317771 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.34:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:20,910 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.124:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:30,183 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 300669 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.124:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:30,184 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.131:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:36,468 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 199658 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.131:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:36,469 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.18:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:46,541 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 298408 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.18:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:46,541 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.19:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:16:56,264 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 298501 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.19:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:16:56,264 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.112:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:05,809 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 289439 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.112:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:05,809 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.122:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:15,900 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 304616 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.122:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:15,900 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.29:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:24,984 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 297533 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.29:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:24,984 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.143:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:33,924 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 293859 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.143:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:33,924 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.107:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:43,334 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 311050 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.107:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:43,334 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.20:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:17:52,701 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 306078 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.20:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:17:52,701 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.22:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:18:00,305 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 258606 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.22:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:18:00,305 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.32:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:18:00,305 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.17:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:18:08,642 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 273960 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.17:1004 during recommissioning
> 2016-05-26 20:18:08,642 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.DatanodeManager:
Stop Decommissioning 10.142.27.50:1004
> 2016-05-26 20:18:17,064 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager:
Invalidated 283001 over-replicated blocks on 10.142.27.50:1004 during recommissioning
> {code}
> And this caused ZKFC timeout (hostname replaced as *):
> {code}
> 2016-05-26 20:17:42,634 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ha.HealthMonitor: Transport-level exception
trying to monitor health of NameNode at */10.103.108.200:8030: Call From */10.103.108.13 to
*:8030 failed on socket timeout exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 360000 millis
timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch : java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected
local=/10.103.108.200:51433 remote=*/10.103.108.200:8030]; For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SocketTimeout
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: hdfs-issues-unsubscribe@hadoop.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: hdfs-issues-help@hadoop.apache.org


Mime
View raw message