hadoop-hdfs-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hudson (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HDFS-3179) Improve the error message: DataStreamer throw an exception, "nodes.length != original.length + 1" on single datanode cluster
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:57:19 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3179?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13251792#comment-13251792
] 

Hudson commented on HDFS-3179:
------------------------------

Integrated in Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit #2054 (See [https://builds.apache.org/job/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/2054/])
    HDFS-3179.  Improve the exception message thrown by DataStreamer when it failed to add
a datanode. (Revision 1324892)

     Result = SUCCESS
szetszwo : http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=Apache-SVN&view=rev&rev=1324892
Files : 
* /hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/CHANGES.txt
* /hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/DFSOutputStream.java
* /hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/TestReplaceDatanodeOnFailure.java

                
> Improve the error message: DataStreamer throw an exception, "nodes.length != original.length
+ 1" on single datanode cluster
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HDFS-3179
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3179
>             Project: Hadoop HDFS
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: hdfs client
>    Affects Versions: 0.23.2
>            Reporter: Zhanwei.Wang
>            Assignee: Tsz Wo (Nicholas), SZE
>             Fix For: 2.0.0
>
>         Attachments: h3179_20120403.patch
>
>
> Create a single datanode cluster
> disable permissions
> enable webhfds
> start hdfs
> run the test script
> expected result:
> a file named "test" is created and the content is "testtest"
> the result I got:
> hdfs throw an exception on the second append operation.
> {code}
> ./test.sh 
> {"RemoteException":{"exception":"IOException","javaClassName":"java.io.IOException","message":"Failed
to add a datanode: nodes.length != original.length + 1, nodes=[127.0.0.1:50010], original=[127.0.0.1:50010]"}}
> {code}
> Log in datanode:
> {code}
> 2012-04-02 14:34:21,058 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception
> java.io.IOException: Failed to add a datanode: nodes.length != original.length + 1, nodes=[127.0.0.1:50010],
original=[127.0.0.1:50010]
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.findNewDatanode(DFSOutputStream.java:778)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.addDatanode2ExistingPipeline(DFSOutputStream.java:834)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.setupPipelineForAppendOrRecovery(DFSOutputStream.java:930)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:461)
> 2012-04-02 14:34:21,059 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Failed to close file
/test
> java.io.IOException: Failed to add a datanode: nodes.length != original.length + 1, nodes=[127.0.0.1:50010],
original=[127.0.0.1:50010]
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.findNewDatanode(DFSOutputStream.java:778)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.addDatanode2ExistingPipeline(DFSOutputStream.java:834)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.setupPipelineForAppendOrRecovery(DFSOutputStream.java:930)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:461)
> {code}
> test.sh
> {code}
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "test" > test.txt
> curl -L -X PUT "http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/test?op=CREATE"
> curl -L -X POST -T test.txt "http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/test?op=APPEND"
> curl -L -X POST -T test.txt "http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/test?op=APPEND"
> {code}

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message