hadoop-hdfs-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hairong Kuang (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (HDFS-872) DFSClient 0.20.1 is incompatible with HDFS 0.20.2
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:06:21 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-872?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12803930#action_12803930
] 

Hairong Kuang commented on HDFS-872:
------------------------------------

I took a look at the new findbug. It is indeed not introduced by this patch. But very strangely
this bug is not complained in 0.20, but is complained in 0.20+patch. Todd, what did you do
that have made findbug unhappy?

> DFSClient 0.20.1 is incompatible with HDFS 0.20.2
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HDFS-872
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-872
>             Project: Hadoop HDFS
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: data-node, hdfs client
>    Affects Versions: 0.20.1, 0.20.2
>            Reporter: Bassam Tabbara
>            Assignee: Todd Lipcon
>             Fix For: 0.20.2
>
>         Attachments: hdfs-793-branch20.txt, hdfs-793-branch20.txt, hdfs-872.txt
>
>
> After upgrading to that latest HDFS 0.20.2 (r896310 from /branches/branch-0.20), old
DFS clients (0.20.1) seem to not work anymore. HBase uses the 0.20.1 hadoop core jars and
the HBase master will no longer startup. Here is the exception from the HBase master log:
> {code}
> 2010-01-06 09:59:46,762 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: DFS Read: java.io.IOException:
Could not obtain block: blk_338051
> 2596555557728_1002 file=/hbase/hbase.version
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.chooseDataNode(DFSClient.java:1788)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.blockSeekTo(DFSClient.java:1616)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.read(DFSClient.java:1743)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.read(DFSClient.java:1673)
>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:320)
>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:572)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getVersion(FSUtils.java:189)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:208)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:208)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1241)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1282)
> 2010-01-06 09:59:46,763 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Not starting HMaster
because:
> java.io.IOException: Could not obtain block: blk_3380512596555557728_1002 file=/hbase/hbase.version
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.chooseDataNode(DFSClient.java:1788)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.blockSeekTo(DFSClient.java:1616)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.read(DFSClient.java:1743)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSInputStream.read(DFSClient.java:1673)
>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:320)
>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:572)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getVersion(FSUtils.java:189)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:208)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:208)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1241)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1282)
> {code}
> If I switch the hadoop jars in the hbase/lib directory with 0.20.2 version it works well,
which what led me to open this bug here and not in the HBASE project.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message