hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Anu Engineer <aengin...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] - HDDS-4 Branch merge
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:40:31 GMT
Since I have not heard any concerns, I will start a VOTE thread now.
This vote will run for 7 days and will end on Jan/18/2019 @ 8:00 AM PST.

I will start with my vote, +1 (Binding)

Thanks
Anu

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anu Engineer <aengineer@apache.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 5:10 PM
Subject: [Discuss] - HDDS-4 Branch merge
To: <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>, <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

Hi All,

I would like to propose a merge of HDDS-4 branch to the Hadoop trunk.
HDDS-4 branch implements the security work for HDDS and Ozone.

HDDS-4 branch contains the following features:
    - Hadoop Kerberos and Tokens support
    - A Certificate infrastructure used by Ozone and HDDS.
    - Audit Logging and parsing support (Spread across trunk and HDDS-4)
    - S3 Security Support - AWS Signature Support.
    - Apache Ranger Support for Ozone

I will follow up with a formal vote later this week if I hear no
objections. AFAIK, the changes are isolated to HDDS/Ozone and should not
impact any other Hadoop project.

Thanks
Anu