hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Bharat Viswanadham <bviswanad...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Merge ContainerIO branch (HDDS-48) in to trunk
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 22:52:31 GMT
The vote passes with +1s from 6 committers and 2 contributors. There are no -1's.
Thanks everyone for voting.

Voting Thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b63e4569407b61a333ddf7a646dcf9ca169d2fd2cb2344d113d80697@%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Thanks,
Bharat

´╗┐On 6/29/18, 3:14 PM, "Bharat Viswanadham" <bviswanadham@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Fixing subject line of the mail.

    Thanks,
    Bharat

    On 6/29/18, 3:10 PM, "Bharat Viswanadham" <bviswanadham@hortonworks.com> wrote:

        Hi All,

        Given the positive response to the discussion thread [1], here is the formal vote
thread to merge HDDS-48 in to trunk.

        Summary of code changes:
        1. Code changes for this branch are done in the hadoop-hdds subproject and hadoop-ozone
subproject, there is no impact to hadoop-hdfs.
        2. Added support for multiple container types in the datanode code path.
        3. Added disk layout logic for the containers to supports future upgrades.
        4. Added support for volume Choosing policy to distribute containers across disks
on the datanode.
        5. Changed the format of the .container file to a human-readable format (yaml)

         The vote will run for 7 days, ending Fri July 6th. I will start this vote with my
+1.

        Thanks,
        Bharat

        [1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/79998ebd2c3837913a22097102efd8f41c3b08cb1799c3d3dea4876b@%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E