hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: securing ASF Hadoop releases out of the box
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:02:03 GMT

> On 6 Jul 2018, at 00:04, Eric Yang <eyang@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> +1 on Non-routable IP idea.  My preference is to start in Hadoop-common to minimize the
scope and incrementally improve.  However, this will be incompatible change for initial user
experience on public cloud.  What would be the right release vehicle for this work (3.2+ or
4.x)?

3.2+

as for public cloud, that's precisely where you don't want to be wide open unless you are
in some VPN setup. If you can't set up network rules here, should you be trying to install
ASF hadoop out the box into a VM.

We should ping the Bigtop people here for their input.