hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About reset branch-3.1 to trunk before release.
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:14:13 GMT
I see one new feature: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-7626: Allow regular expression
matching in container-executor.cfg for devices and named docker volumes mount.

There are 21 sub-tasks. There are three feature-type JIRAs in those - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-7972,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-7891 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5015.
These should be okay - not major disrupting features.

Everything else is either a bug-fix or an improvement so we should be good.

From the list, it doesn't look like resetting will destabilize 3.1, +1 for doing this.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Mar 14, 2018, at 1:54 PM, Wangda Tan <wheeleast@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi mapreduce/yarn/common/hdfs-devs,
>
> As of now, we have all blockers done for 3.1.0 release [1]. The release is running behind
schedule due to a few security-related issues. Because of this and since branch-3.1 is cut
5 weeks before on Feb 8, trunk 3.2 is already diverging. There're 64 commits in trunk but
not in branch-3.1. [2]

> I took a quick scan of them, most of them are good fixes which we should bring to 3.1.0
as well. And this can also reduce differences between 3.2.0 and 3.1.0 release for less maintenance
burden in the future.

> Unless anyone objects, we will reset branch-3.1 to trunk in 1-2 days and cut RC after
that.

> Thoughts?
>
> - Wangda
>
> [1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND priority in (Blocker, Critical) AND
resolution = Unresolved AND "Target Version/s" = 3.1.0 ORDER BY priority DESC
> [2] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.2.0) AND fixVersion
not in (3.1.0)