hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 2017-10-06 Hadoop 3 release status update
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 00:51:40 GMT
Hi Allen,

What if the commands are:

yarn application -deploy –f spec.json
yarn application -stop <service-name>
yarn application -restart <service-name>
yarn application -remove <service-name>

and

yarn application –list will display both application list from RM as well as docker services?

I think the development team was concerned that command structure overload between batch applications
and long running services.  In my view, there is no difference, they are all applications.
 The only distinction is the launching and shutdown of services may be different from batch
jobs.  I think user can get used to these command structures without creating additional command
grouping.  Your input is valuable to us.

Feedback from others can also help to improve the current work.  Thank you.

Regards,
Eric