hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:00:58 GMT
-1 (binding)

I don't think we should release this without YARN-6622.

Since this doesn't happen often: a -1 in this case is NOT a veto.
Releases are approved by majority vote of the PMC. -C

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mikols for notifying on this. I think docker support is general known as alpha
feature so document it as experimental is nice to have but not a blocker for 2.8.2. I also
noticed that our 2.7.x document (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.4/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/DockerContainerExecutor.html)
without mentioning docker support is experimental. We may need to fix that as well in following
releases.

> I can also add it (mentioning docker container support feature is experimental) to release
message in public website just like previous release we call 2.7.0/2.8.0 as non-production
release.

> I think vote should continue until we could find a real blocker.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Junping
>

> ________________________________

Docker work as experimental".

> Thank you,
> Miklos
>

> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Mingliang Liu <liuml07@gmail.com<mailto:liuml07@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks Junping for doing this!
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> - Download the hadoop-2.8.2-src.tar.gz file and checked the md5 value
> - Build package using maven (skipping tests) with Java 8
> - Spin up a test cluster in Docker containers having 1 master node (NN/RM) and 3 slave
nodes (DN/NM)
> - Operate the basic HDFS/YARN operations from command line, both client and admin
> - Check NN/RM Web UI
> - Run distcp to copy files from/to local and HDFS
> - Run hadoop mapreduce examples: grep and wordcount
> - Check the HDFS service logs
>
> All looked good to me.
>
> Mingliang
>
>> On Sep 10, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com<mailto:jdu@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>>     With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release candidate (RC0)
for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.

>>     Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line and will be
the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it includes 305 new fixed issues
since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as blocker/critical issues.

at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062