hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Hongxu Ma <inte...@outlook.com>
Subject About HDFS consistency model
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:13:02 GMT
Hi Dev
In short, is there a full introduction to hdfs consistency model?

I have already read some miscellaneous stuffs, e.g.
- some simple scenario
    - read+read, ok
    - write+write, forbidden (guaranteed be lease)
- design doc of append, truncate
- hflush/hsync
- top pages of google "hdfs consistency model"

But I didn't find a detailed doc/link to clarify this topic, especially how to deal with concurrent
read+write, e.g.:
Can a later reader can read the contents which the writer (doesn't close the file yet) appended?
Is hflush/hsync the only ways to ensure the consistency? etc..

I known the GFS paper has a specific section to clarify this topic, so I think hdfs may has
a similar one.
Very thanks for helpful link.

--
Regards,