hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:31:51 GMT
Hi all,
     Per Vinod's previous email, we just announce Apache Hadoop 2.8.1 get released today which
is a special security release. Now, we should work towards 2.8.2 release which aim for production
deployment. The focus obviously is to fix blocker/critical issues [2], bug-fixes and *no*
features / improvements. We currently have 13 blocker/critical issues, and 10 of them are
Patch Available.

   I plan to cut an RC in a month - target for releasing before end of Aug., to give enough
time for outstanding blocker / critical issues. Will start moving out any tickets that are
not blockers and/or won't fit the timeline. For progress of releasing effort, please refer
our release wiki [2].

   Please share thoughts if you have any. Thanks!

Thanks,

Junping

[1] 2.8.2 release Blockers/Criticals: https://s.apache.org/JM5x
[2] 2.8 Release wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release

From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:05 PM
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.8.1 is released

Hi all,

The Apache Hadoop PMC has released version 2.8.1. You can get it from this page: http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download
This is a security release in the 2.8.0 release line. It consists of 2.8.0 plus security fixes.
Users on 2.8.0 are encouraged to upgrade to 2.8.1.

Please note that 2.8.x release line continues to be not yet ready for production use. Critical
issues are being ironed out via testing and downstream adoption. Production users should wait
for a subsequent release in the 2.8.x line.

Thanks
+Vinod