hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From "Afshin, Bardia" <Bardia.Afs...@capitalone.com>
Subject Hadoop s3 integration for Spark
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:46:26 GMT
Hello community.

I’m considering consuming s3 objects via Hadoop via s3a protocol. The main purpose of this
is to utilize Spark to access s3, and it seems like the only formal protocol / integration
for doing so is Hadoop. The process that I am implementing is rather formal and straight forward.
It will download the contents of a s3 objects, remove some columns from the csv file, and
PUT the object into another bucket on s3. Is there any reason doing a simple GET on the object
is not as performant if not better than utilizing Hadoop s3a protocol? This is the page that
I’m getting my reference from https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonS3

material from your computer.