hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject What's the status of fuse support in HDFS?
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 18:17:00 GMT
Hi!

quick question: what is the status of hdfs-fuse support these days?
On one hand, it seems to be doing quite well in Hadoop 3, on the
other hand it feels like most downstream distros seem to disable it.

Is it basically at the "contrib" support level, even though it is still part
of the core hdfs tree? Or are the rumors of its deaths greatly exaggerated? ;-)

The reason I'm asking is simply because over on Bigtop side we'd like
to get a bit more guidance on what to do with the fuse tests.

Thanks,
Roman.