hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Yuanbo Liu <liuyuanb...@gmail.com>
Subject Bring a general discussion about impersonation in secure environment
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 09:20:49 GMT
Hi, developers
Sorry to interrupt and wish you have a good day.

 As we know, impersonation is quite a common operation in gateway access
model. And I've found that the SPNEGO filter doesn't support impersonation
aka "doAs" operation, and it causes limitation of accessing pages both in
HDFS and YARN when users set the auth filter as SPNEGO filter. Here is the
JIRA(HADOOP-13119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13119>) to
track all the discussion.

I'd like to bring it to the community and get your thoughts since this JIRA
has been suspended for a while. If you have any suggestion about this JIRA,
please let me know, thanks in advance.