hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Hadoop 3 status wiki page
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:18:06 GMT
Hi folks,

I've put together a cwiki page as a go-to place for Hadoop 3 release
tracking:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release

It links to a JIRA dashboard for open issues and a nightly JACC run I setup.

I've also been writing periodic status updates, so we can get a general
sense of how we're progressing. If there are other major features/efforts
you'd like tracked, let me know:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3+release+status+updates

Finally, Cloudera has been pushing on downstream integration and testing,
reflected in the "Downstream integration status" section. We've had
relatively good success with our selected set of applications (HBase,
Spark, Hive, Oozie, Pig, Solr/Lucene, Kafka), and already found and fixed a
good number of issues. The goal is to get unit tests as well as Cloudera's
internal integration tests run and triaged before we freeze compatibility
for beta1.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks,
Andrew

P.S. I'm also now an admin for the Hadoop space on the cwiki, so please
unicast me if you'd like edit privileges.