hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Updated 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT artifact
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 10:25:26 GMT

> On 4 Nov 2016, at 22:38, Jason Lowe <jlowe@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> At this point my preference would be to do the most expeditious thing to release 2.8,
whether that's sticking with the branch-2.8 we have today or re-cutting it on branch-2.  Doing
a quick JIRA query, there's been almost 2,400 JIRAs resolved in 2.8.0 (1).  For many of them,
it's well-past time they saw a release vehicle.  If re-cutting the branch means we have to
wrap up a few extra things that are still in-progress on branch-2 or add a few more blockers
to the list before we release then I'd rather stay where we're at and ship it ASAP.

we have to deal with an upgrade to the aws sdk that removes the org.json code; ASF licensing
now prevents us shipping that