hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha1 RC0
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:38:48 GMT

> On 6 Sep 2016, at 17:30, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks everyone for voting and helping to validate alpha1. The VOTE closes
> with 16 +1s, 6 of them binding PMC votes, and no -1s.
>
> I'll go ahead and wrap up the release, will send an announcement out likely
> tomorrow once the mirrors have caught up.
>
> Best,
> Andrew

Sorry I'm late with this; I was running all the tests last night and had to redo some today.
Bandwidth issues.

If I hadn't missed the vote, i'd have gone

+0.5

I couldn't do enough due diligence to be confident all was well. But those bits I did do (s3,
azure, openstack) are all good.

-checked out the source, rebuilt locally, ran the Hadoop-aws s3a test suite against s3 ireland
,openstack against rackspace and azure against Azure. All well there.
-built slider. Compilation failed there because Container has added things that Slider's mock
containers don't implement. This is well within the compatibility scopes, albeit inconvenient.

- I haven't done a full spark test run as don't have the time right now, and haven't been
running locally be confident that all works. Sorry

-I did do the SPARK-7481 cloud tests. These were *really* slow, but I was doing the hadoop
trunk s3, azure and swift tests in different windows; I suspect I was just using up too much
CPU, RAM and bandwidth.

The windows build failed irrespective of whether I had -Pnative set or not. I think theres
a script there that needs windows support.
Were it a real release I'd veto it for that, as it meant I wouldn't be able to build the windows
native libraries for the good of everyone.

Filed: HADOOP-13586

Anyway, good to see the first 3.0 alpha out the door, let's see what surfaces in the field

-Steve