hadoop-hdfs-dev mailing list archives

From Senthil Kumar <senthilec...@gmail.com>
Subject NFS Gateway Performance
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 15:44:34 GMT
Hi Team , I'm trying out the NFS Gateway feature in Hadoop.

Would like to understand the performance of NFS..

Hadoop Version : *Hadoop 2.7.1.2.4.2.0-258*

Cluster Size :   10 DNS , 1 NN, 1 SN , 1 RM.

One of the Data Node is NFS Gateway Server..Now i could see Performance
issues when i start ( 5 NFS Clients ) and execute Copy command in all NFS
Clients to put 1GB data into hdfs mounted directory ..Since we have Single
NFS Server ,  all data is going through Single Machine  So this causing
performance issue .. I tried with small data set in case of huge data set
how it will perform ??

Direct HDFS put gives better performance .. Any Suggestion ?

Regards,
Senthil